Deadline: 07-Jul-2019 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
IFC is in discussion with the Government of Uzbekistan to be mandated as a lead
transaction advisor for structuring and tendering of a PPP transaction involving financing, construction and operation of a 1,300 MW CCGT in Uzbekistan. IFC scope of work will include (i) legal, technical, E&S and financial due diligence, (ii) defining the transaction structure and preparing the tender documents (including calls for qualifications and proposals, and PPP contractual documentation), and (iii) ongoing support to the client throughout the implementation of the tender process, including any negotiations and discussions with investors.
Deadline: 18-Jun-2019 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
Determine viable Business Models for the establishment of a photovoltaic energy generation project at the Central de Abastos in Mexico City. This project will include the installation of solar panels and internal interconnection, as well as connection to the public network in common areas (existing ceilings and current roofless parking areas) with the objective of generating clean energy.
The global energy landscape is undergoing a major transformation. This year’s Innovate4Climate (I4C) will have a priority focus on battery storage, helping to identify ways to overcome the technology, policy and financing barriers to deploy batteries widely and close the global energy storage gap.
Deadline: 14-Nov-2018 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The assignment will focus on a number of islands (targeting a total of 10-12) based on the following criteria (a) the size of PLN grid (5-150MW); (b) high average generation cost; and (c) electrification rate below 90%. The selected islands will be communicated to the Consultant before the start of the assignment. They are all located in the Eastern Islands and were divided into three groups, (i) islands with a small installed generation capacity and limited electrification, (ii) islands with an installed generation capacity of 50-150 MW with only diesel generation and very high average generation cost and (iii) islands with an installed generation capacity of 50-150 MW with diesel and coal generation and high average generation cost.
Deadline: 08-Jun-2017 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The MoCP will be designed and aligned in compliance with all requirements under the Tunisian Law. It will consist of the two following separate phases: (i) Establishing and developing electricity connection procedures’ principles and (ii) establishing connection charging methodology for Tunisian Company for Electricity and Gas (STEG):
Task 1: developing of electricity connection procedures, containing the principles of the connection procedures.
Task 2: developing charging methodology by designing the principles of the charging methodology.
Deadline: 29-May-2017 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
To support our work, IFC is seeking a Strategy Consultant, who can support the Manager of Cross-Cutting Advisory Solutions Clean Energy & Resource Efficiency Unit [the Manager] in IFCs Istanbul Office for a 150-day contract. The Consultant will perform a variety of strategic planning and project management tasks. These tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strengthen and enhance the Clean Energy & Resource Efficiency’s operations and interactions with other parts of the World Bank Group (Global Practices, Cross-Cutting Solution Areas, IFC and Regional Teams);
- Provide input, analysis and recommendations across portfolio and operations related matters to support the Manager; liaise with relevant parties to collect and compile data from a variety of sources; conduct analyses; prepare analytical reports and/or presentations for dissemination;
- Support the Manager in monitoring and managing deliveries;
- Analyzing IFC portfolio and investment pipeline data by drawing from sources such as iDesk (IFCs system of record);
- Assist in the development of strategy documents and dissemination to relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate with colleagues from other functions (Human Resources, communications, fundraising, budget, Monitoring & Evaluation, quality, knowledge management) to ensure smooth functioning of the teams operations.
Deadline: 29-Nov-2016 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
CI-Energies is a state-owned company responsible for managing assets in the electricity sector and planning and contracting major investments in Côte d’Ivoire.
The financial advisor will have to become familiar with all relevant background documentation and shall be responsible for carrying out initial financial framework reviews:
– relevant existing reports, studies, audits, etc. necessary to become familiar with the electricity sector in Côte d’Ivoire (particularly in terms of sector revenues, costs and tariff analysis);
– existing financial forecasts, historical financial performance and technical operating history for the national utility and existing power generation arrangements in Côte d’Ivoire; and
– existing electricity laws and regulatory functions of various entities involved in the power sector.
Deadline: 30-Aug-2016 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
Dispersed population across an island archipelago and the poor performance of Solomon Power in the past constrained its capacity to expand its grid to main population centers or even in the capital city Honiara. While 45% households have reported to have some form of power supply at home, the majority of these households only have small solar panels, typically of 20W, whereas only 9% have power supply from the grid operated by Solomon Islands Electricity Authority (now trading as Solomon Power).
The World Bank is looking for an Independent Verification Agent (IVA). The objectives of the IVA are to (i) verify that the pre-agreed outputs as defined in Operations Manual (OM) have been delivered and properly documented; (ii) confirm that claimed outputs and beneficiaries are eligible to receive OBA subsidies; (iii) review costs of service connection and household wiring; (iv) recommend reimbursement of OBA subsidy to Solomon Power; and (v) prepare Output Verification Reports and to verify and collect project monitoring data.
Deadline: 22-Apr-2016 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The objective of the activity is to understand the GEE-LACs position within a changing regional development assistance and financial market landscape, and identify possible future strategic measures and tactics to strengthen its competitive sources and comparative advantages.