Deadline: 24-Feb-2020 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The World Bank is assisting the government of Punjab in improving access to sustainable water and sanitation services in rural areas. The project will provide water and sanitation infrastructure as well as a range of behavior change interventions at the household and community levels. Assessment will be for 28-30 selected villages across project tehsil. Study villages will be provided to the firm. Study villages will be provided to the firm. Key areas of work of this assignment are:
1. Assess ground water availability and quality for domestic use, from a technical, cost effectiveness and resource sustainability perspective.
2. Examine shallow aquifer characteristics on canal banks to determine the reliability of canal water as a source of ground water recharge for water supply provision.
3. Advise on the minimum distance between adjacent tube wells on canal bank (for the pre-identified canals) and optimum rate of abstraction for resource sustainability.
4. Conduct a shallow groundwater salinity assessment
5. Conduct Water Quality testing
6. Feasibility study report capturing the various scenarios and technological options, and the preliminary cost estimates;
7. Preliminary designs of all the technological options for the selected villages detailing the technical requirements, and financial and economic analyses.
Deadline: 17-Feb-2020 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The firm is expected to provide the following outputs:
– One-minute video trailer per course to introduce the topic (learning outcomes) and incentivize the target audience.
– Five self-paced individual training courses (including sub-modules) to be offered online, on the following topics:
1) Becoming an expert freelancer
2) Positioning your services and branding:
3) Online Customer Relationship Management
4) How to master Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools
5) How to master content writing for businesses (press releases, blog writing, technical writing etc)
Deadline: 13-Feb-2020 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The IFC Indonesia Agribusiness Program (the program) aims to promote inclusive and sustainable rural growth in Indonesia. It does this through the following three objectives: (i) Increase the income of smallholder farmers from sustainable agricultural production; (ii) Increase gender-responsive investments in agriculture and rural communities; and (iii) Increase demand for sustainably produced agricultural commodities.
Join us on Monday, February 3, 2020 for this special job fair to learn about over 100 exciting positions that the World Bank is looking to fill by June this year.
As part of a recruitment drive to increase its support for countries dealing with fragility, conflict and violence (FCV), the World Bank Group invites applications from qualified candidates interested in international development. The majority of positions will be located in Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East and North Africa, South Asia, and East Asia.
Deadline: 02-Mar-2020 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
Launched in 2008, the 2030 Water Resources Group (2030 WRG) (http://www.2030wrg.org) aims to help countries facilitate collective action among government, the private sector, and civil society to improve water resources management. 2030 WRG does so by: (a) creating the wider political economy conditions and momentum for change in water sector reform; (b) facilitating collaboration and awareness building within the water resources community, including the private sector; and, (c) improving the design and implementation of a comprehensive and innovative set of policies, programs and projects in selected countries or regions in order to increase their water security.
Deadline: 10-Feb-2020 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The Government of Malawi (GoM), acting through its Ministry of Natural Resources, Energy, and Mining (MoNREM) requires the technical services of an Environmental and Social Consultant firm or consortium of firms / experts (Consultant) to complete the Environmental and Social Impact assessment process, and deliver a Final ESIA report, including the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) and Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) for the 350 megawatt (MW) hydropower project (HPP) at Mpatamanga Gorge on the Shire River in southern Malawi.