Deadline: 14-Nov-2018 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The assignment will focus on a number of islands (targeting a total of 10-12) based on the following criteria (a) the size of PLN grid (5-150MW); (b) high average generation cost; and (c) electrification rate below 90%. The selected islands will be communicated to the Consultant before the start of the assignment. They are all located in the Eastern Islands and were divided into three groups, (i) islands with a small installed generation capacity and limited electrification, (ii) islands with an installed generation capacity of 50-150 MW with only diesel generation and very high average generation cost and (iii) islands with an installed generation capacity of 50-150 MW with diesel and coal generation and high average generation cost.
Deadline: 06-Nov-2018 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
São Paulo has approximately 6,500 signaled crossings a system which was first
established in the 70s. Since then, it underwent through two major attempts of technological renewal, without success. The public perception is of a system prone to failure, especially during rainy season. Last year, more than 35k incidents were reported. 70% of failures are due to wear and tear on equipment. The system is vulnerable to Brazilian inconstant power grid. Finally, most lights operate without central communication.
The WB is selecting a firm to provide technical advice to the City of Sao Paulo on their smart traffic lights program, with resources from the UK Prosperity Fund for Mobility. Considering the current infrastructure and traffic in São Paulo as well as the maturity of available solutions, the TA will compare technologies and develop an economic analysis to propose a strategy of gradual investments in the system to obtain increasing levels of service and sustainability.
Deadline: 31-Oct-2018 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The World Bank is seeking consultant services to analyze urban flood risk in the city of San Salvador de Jujuy, Argentina, as part of the World Bank’s City Resilience Program. Specifically, the consultancy will focus in the Chijra River. The expected tasks include:
1. Diagnosis of current situation including compiling, preparing, complementing and / or updating existing information.
2. Develop a Digital Terrain Model for the whole basin using the existing information.
3. Analysis of hydrological aspects; mainly the review of the studies available within the basin and close to it, considering the historical values and the climatic tendencies indicated in the recent history.
4. Construction of a 1D hydrodynamic model for the area based on the MDT.
5. Evaluate the possibility of calibration of the models with background information.
6. Prepare the base cartography of the area based on the available information.
7. Define the design events for the exploitation of the hydrodynamic model.
8. Draw the flood lines for the different scenarios.
9. Analyze sediment transport at basin level.
10. Identify erosion / sedimentation zones.
11. Identify existing infrastructures that affect natural runoff.
12. Identify population and infrastructure exposed to risk.
13. Identify mitigation works for both floods and erosion / sedimentation phenomena.
The assignment and all deliverables will be in Spanish.
Deadline: 10-Oct-2018 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
This assignment aims to provide capacity building support and technical assistance to seven participating cities in the Mekong Delta under World Bank SUUP Project to incorporate universal accessibility to urban planning and infrastructure design. Main tasks include review of Vietnamese legal and regulatory framework on universally accessible infrastructure design and development, assessing baseline and needs in the cities, sharing global experiences, review and advising on detailed infrastructure design, preparation of design guidelines, providing training, and recommendations of incorporating universally accessible infrastructure principles and design into various city plans and regulations.
See TOR for details.
Deadline: 25-Aug-2018 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
IFC is looking to appoint a technical advisor to assist it in the technical aspects of the following tasks: i) Component 1 – Provide meta advisory support for on-going hybrid annuity transactions being undertaken by different commercial transaction advisors in 13 cities, where IFC will provide overall quality assurance and supervisory support in such projects. Of these, inputs for project preparation will be required in 5 projects.
ii) Component 2 Provide transaction advisory for two cities, Agra and Lucknow. IFC will structure a viable and bankable project structure and provide assistance to NMCG and state level executing agency in the selection of private sector developer(s) for both cities in a transparent and competitive bidding process.
iii) Component 3 – Extend post-transaction advisory support for 18 hybrid annuity projects, for a period of two years post award. This includes 3 awarded projects in Varanasi, Haridwar and Mathura; 13 on-going projects referenced in (i) above and; two proposed projects in Agra and Lucknow referenced in (ii) above.
Deadline: 04-Jul-2018 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
IFC is hiring a firm, which will support the Project on the design, testing and implementation of dairy farm reference models for large and medium sized dairy farms in Ukraine.
The Consultant will: 1) conduct the diagnostic of up to 10 dairy farms with an average size of between 300 and 2,000 dairy cows, 2) provide recommendations on improvement opportunities, 3) support the implementation of the recommended improvements 4) support IFC on developing 2 reference models for medium and large farms.
Deadline: 04-Sep-2017 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The World Bank is hiring a firm or organization to implement a detailed diagnosis, design business models and financial instruments, and provide policy recommendations to speed up clean bus implementation in 5 cities: Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Montevideo, Santiago, Sao Paulo. The consultancy firm will have to develop a detailed diagnosis, including i) detailed market study, including a diagnosis of supply and demand of bus financing, ii) a detailed investigation of bus operations, concessions agreements and procurement practices that hinder or facilitate the sector, iii) and the current regulations/subsidies schemes in each of the cities, defined both at local and national levels. From this diagnosis, the firm will design business models, propose financing mechanisms, provide policy recommendations, and training to relevant counterparts to disseminate the results and support the implementation of projects.
Deadline: 18-Jul-2017 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
IFCs SME Ventures supports local entrepreneurship in FCS, IDA and frontier markets by providing risk capital/ patient capital that are otherwise extremely scarce. Established in 2008, the successful raise of a follow-on fund by the Central Africa SME Fund validated IFCs pioneering role, and IFC secured Boards approval to expand the program globally in 2015.
Building on its decades experience, the SME Ventures, by working with the FCS Africa team, (the project team, hereafter) intends to develop a knowledge product that provides a practical and relevant information and guidance to GPs and LPs. The knowledge product will capture the SME Ventures and its partners experience and provide insights and solutions to day to day challenges that GPs and LPs face. The final report will be launched during the fourth SME Ventures Forum in March 2018.
Deadline: 03-Jul-2017 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The Philippine General Hospital (PGH) is a tertiary state-owned hospital administered and operated by the University of the Philippines Manila, the University. It is the largest hospital in the country and is designated as the National University Hospital.
PGH intends to develop two health facilities on PPP basis with support from IFC.
Deadline: 29-May-2017 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
To support our work, IFC is seeking a Strategy Consultant, who can support the Manager of Cross-Cutting Advisory Solutions Clean Energy & Resource Efficiency Unit [the Manager] in IFCs Istanbul Office for a 150-day contract. The Consultant will perform a variety of strategic planning and project management tasks. These tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strengthen and enhance the Clean Energy & Resource Efficiency’s operations and interactions with other parts of the World Bank Group (Global Practices, Cross-Cutting Solution Areas, IFC and Regional Teams);
- Provide input, analysis and recommendations across portfolio and operations related matters to support the Manager; liaise with relevant parties to collect and compile data from a variety of sources; conduct analyses; prepare analytical reports and/or presentations for dissemination;
- Support the Manager in monitoring and managing deliveries;
- Analyzing IFC portfolio and investment pipeline data by drawing from sources such as iDesk (IFCs system of record);
- Assist in the development of strategy documents and dissemination to relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate with colleagues from other functions (Human Resources, communications, fundraising, budget, Monitoring & Evaluation, quality, knowledge management) to ensure smooth functioning of the teams operations.