Manufacturing has been the surest way for low- and middle-income economies to reduce poverty and create good jobs. But developing nations have increasingly been redirecting their focus to the services sector to catch up with their developed counterparts.
Will the shift work?
Deadline: 13-Jan-2020 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
There will be key criteria for the development of the deliverables:
1. Gender Gaps: A focus on gender equality priorities across the categories policy, leadership, employment, is expected.
2. Client Focus: The focus will be on providing relevant content and recommendations( strategies/remedial actions, activities and programmes) to the WB and KenGen which will be focused in the energy sector and other sectors such as education etc.
3. Partnerships: The consultant will be expected to map out feasible partnerships with e.g. like minded companies and institutions professional associations, universities and NGOs as part of the outputs delivered.
4. Budget and Sustainability: Key will be mapping costs and timelines of the interventions proposed in the gender options analysis. This is essential for sustainability.
5. Key Performance Indicators. What will be the success factors
6. Monitoring and Evaluation Framework. Define how to measure success
Deadline: 25-Feb-2019 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
This firm consultancy will explore how inclusive and green growth can be supported through strengthened value chains and circular economy (CE) approaches, specifically among poor people and communities and achieve outcomes that promote poverty reduction, enhanced welfare and create new and expanded employment opportunities, eg green jobs.
Deadline: 24-May-2017 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The World Bank, in consultation with the M&E Unit of the Punjab Social Protection Authority (PSPA), is seeking to hire a Consultant to prepare and conduct two highly technical impact evaluations for each of pilot intervention: (i) The Punjab Health and Nutrition CCT (H&N CCT), and (ii) the Punjab Youth Employment Pilot (PYEP).