Deadline: 31-Oct-2018 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The World Bank is seeking consultant services to analyze urban flood risk in the city of San Salvador de Jujuy, Argentina, as part of the World Bank’s City Resilience Program. Specifically, the consultancy will focus in the Chijra River. The expected tasks include:
1. Diagnosis of current situation including compiling, preparing, complementing and / or updating existing information.
2. Develop a Digital Terrain Model for the whole basin using the existing information.
3. Analysis of hydrological aspects; mainly the review of the studies available within the basin and close to it, considering the historical values and the climatic tendencies indicated in the recent history.
4. Construction of a 1D hydrodynamic model for the area based on the MDT.
5. Evaluate the possibility of calibration of the models with background information.
6. Prepare the base cartography of the area based on the available information.
7. Define the design events for the exploitation of the hydrodynamic model.
8. Draw the flood lines for the different scenarios.
9. Analyze sediment transport at basin level.
10. Identify erosion / sedimentation zones.
11. Identify existing infrastructures that affect natural runoff.
12. Identify population and infrastructure exposed to risk.
13. Identify mitigation works for both floods and erosion / sedimentation phenomena.
The assignment and all deliverables will be in Spanish.