Deadline: 24-Feb-2020 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
The World Bank is assisting the government of Punjab in improving access to sustainable water and sanitation services in rural areas. The project will provide water and sanitation infrastructure as well as a range of behavior change interventions at the household and community levels. Assessment will be for 28-30 selected villages across project tehsil. Study villages will be provided to the firm. Study villages will be provided to the firm. Key areas of work of this assignment are:
1. Assess ground water availability and quality for domestic use, from a technical, cost effectiveness and resource sustainability perspective.
2. Examine shallow aquifer characteristics on canal banks to determine the reliability of canal water as a source of ground water recharge for water supply provision.
3. Advise on the minimum distance between adjacent tube wells on canal bank (for the pre-identified canals) and optimum rate of abstraction for resource sustainability.
4. Conduct a shallow groundwater salinity assessment
5. Conduct Water Quality testing
6. Feasibility study report capturing the various scenarios and technological options, and the preliminary cost estimates;
7. Preliminary designs of all the technological options for the selected villages detailing the technical requirements, and financial and economic analyses.
See full tender here: Improving access to sustainable water and sanitation services in rural areas of Punjab.
eConsultant2 website: https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html
Tender notification: # 1267005
- PK – Pakistan