The opening public event of this year’s Annual Meetings – Growth in a Time of Crisis: What’s Next for Developing Economies – delved into questions like these:
- How can countries build back to a sustainable, resilient, and inclusive economic recovery while also investing in their people?
- What are the fundamental barriers to sustainable and inclusive growth in low and middle-income countries and fragile and conflict-affected settings, and what does the future of growth look like?
- What types of policies are important to support inclusive growth for vulnerable populations? How can digital technology help ensure inclusion?
- What’s needed to support private investment, especially small and medium enterprises, and create jobs in developing countries?
- What role can central banks play to help spur job creation and investment?