Tag Archives: COP26
Oceans play a critical role in regulating the climate, but how healthy are our oceans today and what kind of impact is climate change having? We sat down with Charlotte De Fontaubert, Global Lead for the Blue Economy at the World Bank, to learn about the state of our oceans and what the World Bank is doing to help keep them healthy and productive.
COP26: The World Is Watching
- The clock is ticking for high impact climate action at COP26 in Glasgow from October 31 – November 12, 2021.
- A strong theme of the World Bank Group’s participation will be its support for green, resilient, and inclusive recoveries from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Watch live-streamed events and participate in the conversation with #COP26 and #ClimateActionWBG.
World Bank Group COP26 Climate Briefs
Click on links to see the summary and download the brief:
- Climate and Development Reports (CCDRs)
- Expanding World Bank Group Support for Country NDCs and LTSs
- Adaptation and Resilience: A Priority for Development and Poverty Reduction
- Energy Transition and Universal Access
- Scaling Finance for Transformational Climate Projects
by David Malpass
A just transition away from coal: Vital for people and planet
Helping countries transition to clean energy systems while meeting growing energy demand is one of the greatest development challenges of our time.
Making Climate Action Count: Turning Ambition Into Reality
Two weeks ahead of a pivotal meeting on climate change (COP26), the Annual Meetings event Making Climate Action Count: Turning Ambition Into Reality brought together global leaders, prominent climate advocates and climate champions from several countries to discuss what the world needs to do to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement. Followed on social media with the hashtag #Voices4Climate, the event also took the audience on a virtual journey around the globe, showing how countries from Vietnam to Brazil are working towards a more sustainable and resilient future.
You must be logged in to post a comment.