Always wanted to work for the World Bank? The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a good starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group.
For more than 50 years, the Young Professionals Program has been the preeminent program preparing global development leaders. The application for the 2018 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program is open from June 14 – July 28, 2017.
It is a unique opportunity for younger talent who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group (WBG). The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others.
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Be born on or after October 1, 1985
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
Go to: http://www.worldbank.org/en/about/careers/programs-and-internships/young-professionals-program for more information on the Young Professionals Program of the World Bank.