Your guide to the World Bank Group
- With the Paris climate agreement in full force, countries around the world must now get down to the serious business of addressing climate change.
- Cities – responsible for two-thirds of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions and 70 percent of energy consumption – are on the front lines.
- At COP 22, the Bank highlighted three of its newest tools to help cities meet climate challenges.
- Over 100 countries included actions related to land-use change and forests in their nationally determined contributions to fight climate change
- Investing in forests has the potential to reduce poverty, drive sustainable development and provide vital local and global environmental services
- The World Bank Group supports forest initiatives in Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo and Mozambique that can help these countries meet their climate and development goals