The World Bank Group project cycle takes years, getting involved in the proces requires a lot of patience; below a number of helpful tips:
- Build a large network including all relevant stakeholders; local government project authority, (local) World Bank staff and offices, local business, and the Dutch embassies.
- Follow projects and follow-up with (local) World Bank Staff on a regular basis.
- Be patient and approach from a problem solving perspective within the country of execution.
- If possible create a consortium with a local company in country of execution.
- Maintain regular contact with local and federal government agencies discussing future projects.
- Visit the World Bank Group HQ in Washington, D.C. with concrete deliverables and examples of executed projects.
- When in Washington, D.C. be sure to be up to date on the recent developments concerning procurement, structure and general news.
- Is something unclear? Don’t assume. Ask.