**CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE INFORMATION SESSION OF APRIL 21ST **
MAY 21st 2022 DEADLINE
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), through its innovation laboratory, IDB Lab, and in partnership with the Global Environment Facility (GEF)1 seeks to support innovative solutions that contribute to the sound management of hazardous Chemicals and Waste (C&W) to protect human health and the environment, and address climate vulnerability in the Caribbean region.
THE PROPOSED SOLUTIONS MUST:
- Be innovative in nature and present a business model that has not been implemented before in the country or that adds an innovation component to an existing model.
- Focus on reducing environmental pollution and climate vulnerability, thus, contributing to at least one of the following indicators:
- reduction, disposal/destruction, phase out, elimination and avoidance of chemicals of global concern and their waste in the environment and in processes, materials and products (metric tons of toxic chemicals reduced)
- reduction, avoidance of emissions of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) to air from point and non-point sources
- reduction of marine litter.
- Promote the social and economic inclusion of poor and vulnerable population; and
- Contemplate a path for scalability or replication, as well as financial sustainability.