On December 8, 2016 in Washington DC, as part of the implantation of the World Bank’s New Procurement Framework, the Bank is hosting a workshop on the World Bank’s Procurement Framework and the new Standard Procurement Documents (SPDs). This workshop will be the first in a series of events to update the private sector. The event will focus on the key regulatory changes and how the SPDs have been developed. Subsequent events are planned to be held in 2017 in different parts of the world reflecting demand.
This workshop will be run in person and simultaneously through an online platform (webinar) so that as many people can take part as possible and anywhere in the world. As such, to cater for time differences this first event will commence at 8am EST. There are 120 webinar participation places available, and 30 places for physical attendance in D.C. See below for registration details.
The objectives of the workshop/webinar are to:
- Provide attendees with an understanding of how the SPDs have been developed
- Inform attendees on the new Request for Proposal SPDs for goods, works and non-consulting services
- Provide information on the key regulatory changes, and how these have been reflected in the SPDs, including:
- Performance Based Specifications;
- Value for Money and Rated Criteria;
- New Request for Proposal SPDs and Initial Selection;
- Best and Final Offer (BAFO) and Negotiations;
- Sustainable Procurement;
- Abnormally Low Tenders;
- Most Advantageous Bid/Proposal;
- Notification of Intention to Award;
- Standstill Period, Debriefs and Complaints; and
- Value Engineering.
The webinar is a World Bank facilitated event delivered by key members of OPCS procurement.
Chris Browne – Chief Procurement Officer
Enzo de Laurentiis – Manager – Procurement
Tesfaalem Iyesus – Lead Procurement Specialist
Diomedes Berroa – Lead Procurement Specialist
Registration is on a first come first serve basis. To register, please email your interest by Friday December 2, 2016 stating if you would like to attend in person or via the online platform (webinar) to:
Confirmation of registration will be issued on Monday 5, December at which time the location of the event and webinar log on details will be provided. Please note that only one log will be provided to each company or organization due to the limited numbers.
Once all the places have been allocated, other interested parties will be added to a list for the next workshop.