As part of the implementation of the World Bank’s new Procurement Framework, the Bank is hosting a series of seminars for the private sector. These focus on the practical implementation of the Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, the new procurement documents, and enhanced procurement processes. A schedule of the seminars will be posted on the World Bank website soon.
Topic: Standard Procurement Documents (SPDs)
By popular demand, the Bank is repeating the first seminar (delivered in December 2016). This focuses on the new Standard Procurement Documents (SPDs). This seminar is being offered on two separate dates.
Thursday April 6, 2017 (8am – 10am EST)
• This is a morning seminar, which is timed to target audiences in a similar time zone.
• This event will be presented in Washington DC (location to be confirmed)
• Up to 30 participants may attend in person. Participants are asked to register to attend. Places are allotted on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
• Additional participants, and remotely located participants may join the seminar through video conferencing facilities (Webex).
Tuesday April 11, 2017 (8pm-10pm EST)
• This is an evening seminar, which is timed to target audiences for whom a morning seminar is not convenient due to significant time zone differences.
• This event will be hosted in Washington.
• The event will be made available to remotely located audiences through video conferencing facilities (Webex).
• There is no option for participants to attend in person at the World Bank offices.
We invite you to register to either attend the first event in person, or join either of the events through video conferencing facilities.
Register: to register, please email your interest to: Nancy Bikondo-Omosa (email@example.com).
Deadline: 5pm Thursday March 30, 2017.
Preferred seminar: please indicate which seminar you would like to attend, i.e. the morning seminar on April 6th, or the evening seminar on April 11th.
Morning seminar: for the morning seminar on April 6th, please indicate if you wish to attend the seminar in person.
Attendees: please provide the name and address of your company and a contact person’s
email address. If you wish to register to attend in person on April 6th, please provide the name/s of the attendee/so (Security passes will need to be arranged to allow access to
World Bank premises). Please note, that depending on the number of registrations we receive, attendees may be restricted to one per organization.
Confirmation of registration will be sent to you by Monday April 3. At this time, the:
• location of the event (World Bank building, room and street address in Washington) will be confirmed (for participants attending in person)
• log on details for Webex will be confirmed (for participants joining the seminar through video conference facilities). Please note, there is a maximum number that can log in through Webex. Depending on the number of registrations, we may need to limit the number of Webex log ins per organization.
Also, this seminar does not cover consulting opportunities directly for the World Bank. A separate seminar for consultancy firms wishing to· work for the World Bank will be delivered later in the year by Corporate Procurement.